Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Software required for QLIK NPrinting Server

I am trying to implement NPrinting with Qlik Sense 3.1.0.

I have different server for Qlik Sense and will have a different server for NPrinting. I was going through the installation documentation and it mentions that I need to install MS Office  as well as  PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269 on the server -- is that correct that I need these software on the server?

My understanding was that we need to have these software on the designer (i.e. the client machines/desktops)?

4 Replies
pascal_theurot
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I've just checked the nprinting 17.2.1 help just in case and found out:

• Qlik NPrinting Engine computer: PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269 (installed  during full installation process)
  • Qlik NPrinting Designer computer: ... Microsoft Office

PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269  is needed on the Engine but office only on Designer computers.

Pascal
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Pascal.

This documentation mentions that PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269 will be installed automatically by Qlik NPrinting

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.1/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements.htm

If this is the case then do we need to install PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269 before Qlik NPrinting is installed?

pascal_theurot
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

No. it's included in the standard installation process.

Works fine.

Pascal
Not applicable
Author

Got it.  Thanks!!!

You saved me !!! I was about to purchase PDF X-CHANGE 5.0.269, but since it will be taken care by Qlik NPrinting, so I don't need to purchase PDF-X.

Thanks again.