Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open multiple qvw files by clicking one button in Accesspoint?

Hi all,

I am having a requirement as How could we display multiple multiple qvw files by clicking one button in access point..

Example: I have  three .qvw files which were related to SALES module.(Sales1.qvw ; Sales2.qvw ; Sales3.qvw)

Sales Button.JPG

If i made a click on above Sales.Qvw Button, then it will only display Sales1.qvw ;

Sales2.qvw ;

Sales3.qvw.

Similarly, i need to display some other as below;

FinanceButton.JPG

Finance1.qvw;

Finance2.Qvw;

Finance3.Qvw

All these are need to display in ACCESS POINT .

Thanks,

Chirumamilla

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think the way are imagine isn't possible. An alternative could be to create an application which worked like a list of contents with links to the application within a table-chart or provided by buttons. In my opinion better would be to avoid this kind of usability and to use the inbuilt feature of grouping application by a category and/or by using additionally attributes:

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What do you mean "display" all the .qvw here? You want all the .qvw open in one web browser one overlap another?

Or want all these .qvw be displayed in a pre-designed layout, like one display left and one right in the browser?

For what I know, you can not do this in Qlikview, but you can do this in Qlik Sense, this is also a big advantage of using Qlik Sense.

For your use case, if you want all these 3 sales models be display in one window or different tabs, then you need to implement them in one .qvw file.

Zhihong

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhihong,

Thanks for you reply!

Here i need to display all the three .qvw files in a list or side by side ,once Sales button has been clicked,so that an user wish to click on his own interest which .qvw file he wants to open among those three listed sales qvw files.Is this possible?

Regards,

Anjaneyulu

marcus_sommer

I think the way are imagine isn't possible. An alternative could be to create an application which worked like a list of contents with links to the application within a table-chart or provided by buttons. In my opinion better would be to avoid this kind of usability and to use the inbuilt feature of grouping application by a category and/or by using additionally attributes:

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To use the Category group in the access point, that is a good idea. It helps to group the apps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your suggestion on this . It's a helpful info.

Thanks,

Anjaneyulu.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhihong,

Thank you !!!

Regards,

Anjaneyulu