Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Internet Explorer freezing after update

We currently have an issue with Internet Explorer freezing after an update is pushed out.

The sequence of events is as follows

1. User navigating around QV application normally

2. App is updated and distributed by QDS

3. User interacts with QV application

4. App and Internet Explorer freezes (throbber appears)

5. App and Internet Explorer responds after 2-3 minutes (which is longer than it takes to open the App for the first time)

Does anyone know in which log files I can use to investigate what is happening in 3. and 4. ?

Thanks

James

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

The IE is using the plugin or AJAX? Did you try it with another browser?

- Marcus

cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus

It is the IE Plugin that causes the issue.  The AJAX plugin responds much quicker after an update.

marcus_sommer

I think this is caused by waiting on something until a timeout strokes but I don't know which options must be configured for it. I would begin by checking the connection if there is any proxy-server, if the protected mode or smartscreen is enabled or some similar features.

- Marcus

cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you know which log files I can interrogate for this issue?

marcus_sommer

Not really - at first I would look on the log-collection from the governance-dashboard and then for this log: ...ProgramData\WebServer\recording.log and there is also log-file for the desktop client (I'm not sure if the IE plugin will use it, too) which could be enabled within the easter egg.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hello!

I have the same issue with a couple of users, not all of them. Very strange behavior.

Internet Explorer 11 with the Qlikview Plugin and the same freezing issue as described by you.

EDIT: Reinstalling the Plugin or resetting the IE didn't help.

-

Mathias

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI Mathias,

I would suggest that you create a separate thread to address your issue, as this one is quite old.

Best ,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!