Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi-tenant apps and streams

Hello. I'm working with qlik sense and trying to build a multi-tenant set up. I would like to share apps across streams, so that each tenant will have their own stream and have access to a set of default apps, e.g. my data vs industry data. It looks like currently, in a multi-tenant setup, I'd create a template and then copy the app and publish a specific app to various streams. However, I'm going to have a very large number of tenants and this model doesn't seem very efficient as things grow. I'm wondering if there is a way to select a dynamic data source for an app based on which stream is viewing it? Also, I'm not sure if this is possible without publishing a specific app to a stream.

Thanks!

7 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You can give and restrict access of a stream to multiple tenants using Security rule.

This will help you avoid copying app and having multiple streams. It will be easy for maintenance.

Not applicable
Author

So with a single stream, can I set up a variable datasource based on something like the group name that is passed in with the user? I'd like the app to change datasource based on which user is viewing it.

Thanks!

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have generated one app with multiple sources, you can try to restrict it using section access

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Did you find any solution for that dynamic picking of apps based on user .i.e without creating multiple tenants
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shradda_g, it seems like you know how to implement the multi tenant system in Qliksense with one app containing all the data sources and they will change according to user login,through section access.

i.e As of now we are having some 30-40 tenants and they are increasing day by day,we are copying the apps and changing the data connections and publishing it into particular stream,so i want to have one app and to change the dynamic data connections based on section access.

can you plz help me

phutathanh
Contributor
Contributor

This question was in 2016, with the new version of qlik sense, do we have any solution to this? Please advise

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

I haven't found any information on this anywhere? This was so easy to do in QlikView, is it really something that you just can't do in Sense? That seems surprising.