Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of virtual and/or logical memory. Allocating 44.0 Mb

Hi All,

I have few documents developed in qlikview 8.0 ew years back and are being used from last one year but never faced any problems. last week one of my history sales application (size currently 152 MB) which is being reloaded using a batch file either once in two weeks or once in one month. the intermediated QVD creation applications works fine except that one history QVD and the final when about to reload throws following error "Out of virtual and/or logical memory. allocating 44.0 MB".

The current virtual memory allocated is 4096 and the ram size is 8GB.

Anyone having any solution for it do let me know. Its really very urgent.

Thanks!!!

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

This type of error occurs if you have bad datamodel or with improper joining.

Try to rectify your data model.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

i have been reloading this application from last 18 months and never faced problems in reloading. Have one more same application i.e. u can duplicate application but it shows only curent month and prev months data with same data model and joins ; that works fine and reloads daily.

But the history is giving me error of memory from last week.

the Virtual memory size is being the same from last 2 years never changed.

Any solutions or suggestions??

Regards

Jigesh

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jigesh

It would seem that something in the data has changed. If one of the fields used in a join is no longer being populated, that could be causing a cross join with the history file. If duplicates have crept in, this could also cause the size of the history QVD to balloon.

Thats where I would start. Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein