Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense v3.0.3 error :could not reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-102)

Hi folks,

a colleague  of mine has just upgrade to Sense Desktop 3.03 and is now getting the following error which attempting to launch Sense:

could not reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-102)

Any Sensible idea please?

mto

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew,

Forgive me, but I have to state all suspicious causes:

• Is Desktop started? - assuming he is accessing Qlik Sense via a local browser
  • If so - Is the error displaying in the desktop interface itself?
  • Can they install Qlik Sense 3.1?
  • Is there a proxy setup for the internet connection?
  • Check the internet connection settings on the local machine and make sure that bypass proxy for localhost is checked.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Cheers Mike,

I'll ask Dave to check, but all was fine using 2.1 before he upgraded.

cheers

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi Folks,

client uninstalled V2 first then installed 3.1 again and ally wirk this time.

Thanks for your Help

Andy

Not applicable

Just as an update in case someone faces the same problem and reads Michael's post. You will notice in the last bullet point he mentions

• Check the internet connection settings on the local machine and make sure that bypass proxy for localhost is checked.

This is actually only relevant if you have a proxy and as you can see from his screenshot, the option to bypass proxy would normally be greyed out, so it is not possible to check that box.

However, in my case "Automatically Detect Settings" was checked, and once I removed it and launched QlikSense, the error was gone and everything worked fine after that.

Hope this helps others.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Nice! Thanks for the contribution Samir!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again, 

*I did the repair-installation as suggested but then I received this message below.

* I also tried to adjust the network settings but then I couldn’t access internet at all.