Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Map coming up blank on Server

We have an application that uses Google Maps. In QV10 Developer the map is displaying fine but on the Server (both in Developer on the Server and the published version via QEMC), the map is coming up blank.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think there is a connection issue on your server preventing to go on internet (Proxy server, inbound rules, etc..)

Check that you are not limited on internet web sites from your server ?

Regards,

Sébastien

vdecourcelle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem.

I find this solution: put 0%  in transparency of your graphic object

Véronique

Not applicable
Author

Some times the functions in side the Expression may not return the right value. Try breaking down the expression.

I had the same problem moving to QV9 SR7 and I found that the problem is aggr function  was not returning right number of values.

Not applicable
Author

I had the exact same problem and solution: maps were not display because the background image of the scatter chart had 100% transparency.

Not applicable
Author

When I had exactly the same problem, it was indeed the internet access settings for the user on the server that runs the QVS service. Specifically, the resolution was:

1. Log on to the server as the administrator assigned to run the QVS service
  2. Within an Internet Explorer window, click Tools>Internet Options
  3. The Connections tab should be set to whatever is required to allow internet access.

You should be able to browse the internet freely when logged in as this user. Additionally, you can directly test the map is being retrieved correctly by doing the following in QV desktop:

1. Go into the map object properties and the 'Colors' tab.
  2. Copy the expression from the 'Dynamic Image' box.
  3. Paste this expression into a new text box object.
  4. Copy the generated text directly into a web browser window. The map image you are hoping to retrieve should display.
Not applicable
Author

When I had exactly the same problem, it was indeed the internet access settings for the user on the server that runs the QVS service. Specifically, the resolution was:

1. Log on to the server as the administrator assigned to run the QVS service
  2. Within an Internet Explorer window, click Tools>Internet Options
  3. The Connections tab should be set to whatever is required to allow internet access.

You should be able to browse the internet freely when logged in as this user. Additionally, you can directly test the map is being retrieved correctly by doing the following in QV desktop:

1. Go into the map object properties and the 'Colors' tab.
  2. Copy the expression from the 'Dynamic Image' box.
  3. Paste this expression into a new text box object.
  4. Copy the generated text directly into a web browser window. The map image you are hoping to retrieve should display.