Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

On select field trigger is not working correctly for QlikView 12 SR4

In the selection box i have some countries and date field as Quarter and Month. While selecting a specific country (on selection triggering) I want to select the corresponding date fields(Quarter and Month present as a list box) according to the max date present for the data of the specific country. That specific task is not working. The Quarter or Month of the corresponding country is not getting selected in the list box. But if I take a text object to show the corresponding max date in Quarter or Month format, it is showing the correct result (with same expression that used in the respective list box). The text object is showing the desired output but in list box the current month or quarter is not getting selected. Please give any advice to solve this, as I need to select the q\Quarter and Month in list box while selecting a specific country.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Means you want to get max date for your selection, could you elaborate with sample data, so that we can understand more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Suppose I have data for two countries, Netherlands and Germany in list box along with Quarter and Month Field (also in list box in dashboard display). On selecting Netherlands (say),  the corresponding max date of the data present in QVD (say April 2016), the Quarter field should get selected as Q2, and Month field should get selected as April. This is not happening. But if I take a Text box (with quarter of max date as expression) and try to show the corresponding Quarter, it is showing as Q2. But the list box of Quarter is not affected anyway.

note that, On selecting country field, I have triggered the Quarter field gets selected as the max date.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

We're running SR4 and I haven't had any issues with field triggering at all, not to say that there isn't a bug as SR4 isn't the best....

Do you have a QVW you can share so I can try it locally?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry Adam, Due to some data security issue I cannot share the QVW. Please let me know if you need further clarification, then I can try to explain in a better way.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

understandable that is often the case.

Can you share the formula you're using to trigger and I will create a test scenario