Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add the average line to a line chart with multiple lines

Hi - I'm trying to add an average line to my chart (attached).  I would like the average to be based on each of the score categories (000-100, 101-200, etc.).  For example, the average displayed for 000-100 should be the average of 19.2% and 18.4%, and the average displayed for 901-1000 should be the average of 15.9% and 15.2%.  I've spent quite a while on the forum and haven't been able to find a solution to this.  Any insight is greatly appreciated!

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Good idea to use another chart. Hopefully someone comes through with another solution.

Best,

Matt

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe this helps?

QlikCommunity_Thread_129247_Pic1.png

QlikCommunity_Thread_129247_Pic2.png

QlikCommunity_Thread_129247_Pic3.png

QlikCommunity_Thread_129247_Pic4.png

based on your sample data:

LOAD pet_proj_nm,

unique_id,

prospect_score_cat,

resp_open_ind,

cnt_tran

FROM [http://community.qlik.com/thread/129247]

(html, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, table is @1);

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Oh my gosh, this is EXACTLY what I needed Marco!!  Thank you so very much!

Thanks to everyone else who has given me suggestions

MarcoWedel

you're welcome.

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

Another question - The way the formula is currently written also averages on zero values (please see red circle below).  In this instance, the average value for 000-100 should be the same as "Frozen-Atlanta", i.e. 0.05%, because Frozen - Brooklyn has no one in that 000-100 category.  Is there a way to modify the formula to average on only the relevant dimensions?

Capture.JPG.jpg

Capture2.JPG.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Macro,

I understand your example.

But for my case, it is slightly different, There is only two options for Pet_proj_nm, I don't know the number of options since it depends on the user filter. So how can I modify code for my case?

Thanks and best regards,

Jerry