Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serjoscha_szillat
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QS: Prohibit "Duplicate Sheet" functionality in published application

Hi altogether,

I am currently facing a challenge with QlikSense security settings.

I try to imlement that a user is not allowed to duplicate a sheet from an application which is published into a stream

Unfortunately it is not sufficient to disable the permission to publish sheets as the application contains sensitive.

The sensitive data itself is not displayed in the application (but is important for calculations on higher granularity levels within the application) but can be retrieved either by changing formulas/expressions or by creating new charts with different functionality.

Hope you can assist me in this task. If you need further information please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Serjoscha

2 Replies
rajiv_maskara
Employee
Employee

Hi,

There is a rule called "CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp". If you disable this, then you would achieve what you want. Hope this helps.

serjoscha_szillat
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Rajiv,

Your proposal aimed into the right direction, thanks for that.

I now solved the challenge (with the help of Qlik Architect) like that (maybe this helps some fellows in the future who are that desparate as I was 🙂 😞

1. Disable Security Rule CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp
  2. Create new Security Rule with similar name (ie CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp_disableEditButton) with same settings as rule CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp
  3. Amend Conditions with "and resource.app.@DisableEditButton.Empty()"
  4. Create Custom Property for Apps (ie name "DisableEditButton") with one Value "Disable"
  5. Now all apps where you want to hide the EditButton (and consecutively prohibit sheet duplication) need to be equipped with Custom property value "Disable"

Hope that helps

Serjoscha