Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any plans for Qlik sense client running on OSX?

Have Qlik got plans for OSX client version?

If no, am I better off using Cloud or running VM/Parallels?

thanks

Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lech --- ooh sorry I missed the original question.

I know on a long term roadmap there were items to release Qlik Sense on other operating systems, in particular flavors of Linux. However, I have not see anything nor been a part of any discussions in this regard. I will ask one of my R&D friends where we stand with this and let you know. However, I don't see this being available anytime soon.

Thanks for your question and let us know how else we can assist you.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew.

It depends what do you want to use it for?

If you are trying just to play with tool and get to know it etc it is probably better to go for VM as you would be able to test it with ODBC and other connectors as well as extensions, widgets and mashups.

If your company will have Qlik Sense server installed then you will be able to open Hub from safari adn no VM or Cloud will be required

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

More the former

thanks

Andrew

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Andrew - in addition you may want to just use the Safari web browser and register at Qlik Sense Cloud. Nothing to install.

Watch these videos to learn more

Qlik Sense Cloud Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vcVinD2jtA&list=PLW1uf5CQ_gSoKEARGhj0siYsdbMfHc4bv

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Michael,

In regards to actual question whether there are any plans of developing Qlik Sense desktop for OSX - would you be able to answer that question?

I came across a topic regarding this probably year ago and at that point of time Qlik had no intentions of building OSX version. I cannot find it now.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lech --- ooh sorry I missed the original question.

I know on a long term roadmap there were items to release Qlik Sense on other operating systems, in particular flavors of Linux. However, I have not see anything nor been a part of any discussions in this regard. I will ask one of my R&D friends where we stand with this and let you know. However, I don't see this being available anytime soon.

Thanks for your question and let us know how else we can assist you.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No worries,

thanks Michael.

Not applicable
Author

Just as an update, parallels does the trick nicely & have now have Qlik Sense running on Windows 10 on Parallels 12 on OSX

13" screen display was interesting, but all good fun

thanks

a