Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test QV Server environment and Licensing

we have a lic for a non-clustered environment (1 server only) and I want to build up a test QV Server to verify all is good with v10SR2, but I cannot start the Test QV Server due to "Cluster Count Exceeded" error.  How does one build a working test environment - specifically, from a license perspective?  I thought about just firewalling the server off, but we rely on domain auth.  Also, I believe the lic routine does a Qlikview.com phone home so even if the PROD and TEST servers couldn't talk to eachother, I'd get blocked, no?  Surely there is a way to test a server upgrade...right?  what does everyone else do?

Thanks much for advice/answers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've been searching the forums on 'test license' and found several threads.  Many state that you have to purchase the license, and it does not necessarily play well with your production installation depending on your installation/configuration.  One of my co-workers just said he recalls hearing/reading somewhere that it costs several thousand dollars for a test license - best to contact your sales rep and see what you can negotiate...

good luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you using a TEST license?

Not applicable
Author

The only Lic I have is our Production Lic. Are you implying that I can get a Test Lic from Qliktech? If so please expound on how/who.

Jason Melquist | Architect at Datalink | jmelquist@datalink.com<mailto:jmelquist@datalink.com> | 952.279.4896

Not applicable
Author

It's my understanding that you will need to get a TEST license from your sales rep.  We are in the process of trying to get one now, not sure about the pricing for that though.

Not applicable
Author

Very interesting…I’d really be bummed if I had to pay $’s in order to test QV’s upgrades prior to putting them into production. Please let me know what you find out!

Jason Melquist | Architect at Datalink | jmelquist@datalink.com<mailto:jmelquist@datalink.com> | 952.279.4896

Not applicable
Author

I've been searching the forums on 'test license' and found several threads.  Many state that you have to purchase the license, and it does not necessarily play well with your production installation depending on your installation/configuration.  One of my co-workers just said he recalls hearing/reading somewhere that it costs several thousand dollars for a test license - best to contact your sales rep and see what you can negotiate...

good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help dbeers!

smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I just got off the phone with our rep on this exact topic. To run a separate test server on the same network, you must purchase a special test server license. The cost of the test server is half the price of the regular production license. So if you paid $30K for a production server, the test server would come in at $15K.

Hope this helps.

Scott