Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview unresponsive.

Hi experts,

1. 4.39am qlikview goes unresponsive. I see the below:

1. 4.39am: goes unresponsive… we see from the browser the "no connection" message.

Before that this happened

1. 4.38am…

WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing CRITICALLY beyond parameters - 87.035(60.000) GB

WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters - 68.233(60.000) GB

WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters - 65.268(60.000) GB

WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters - 63.234(60.000) GB

WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters - 60.291(60.000) GB

Extensions: Failed to load extension EnglishtownColor. Make sure it is available at the correct location

1. 4.37am…

QVGeneral: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension EnglishtownColor. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

Extensions: Failed to load extension EnglishtownColor. Make sure it is available at the correct location

QVGeneral: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension EnglishtownColor. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

QVGeneral: Shared - ApplyBM: Could not update the Recall time on bookmark with id: Document\BM07

1. 4.36am…

CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Document" for user "BOSTON\FEDERICA.TTTT". Document cals in use: 1

QVGeneral: when AAALR(20.136368) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency.

1. 4.35am…

QVGeneral: when AAALR(20.136368) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency.

1. 4.32am…

QVGeneral: Shared - ApplyBM: Could not update the Recall time on bookmark with id: User\BM12

License: License leased to user DIR\PTUNE.ADMIN

A device or program has requested attention. Device or application: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll. Message title: QlikView x64.

How can I prevent this happening again? This is production; shouldn’t be happening; if this is caused by one report, how can I know which report is that?

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

It looked that something consumed all your RAM which then led to errors and unresponsiveness. I think you should take a look within the qlikview logs: QlikView Governance Dashboard and in the windows eventlog.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I restarted the server... are the logs still available?

all the above is from windows eventlog; where can I find Qlikview logs? (can you provide the default windows path for the qlikview logs?)

thanks!!

marcus_sommer

You could find those logs: \\YourServer\D\QlikViewServer\ProgramData\QlikViewServer and replace the bolded part with your server and path to the program data.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can't find them...  I do not see any folder named QlikViewServer

marcus_sommer

The logs aren't within the Program Files else within the ProgramData.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You specified this windows path

YourServer\D\QlikViewServer\ProgramData\QlikViewServer

as you can see there is neither QlikViewServer nor ProgramData

marcus_sommer

Take a look here C:\ProgramData for the ProgramData folder.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing CRITICALLY beyond parameters and WorkingSet: Virtual Memory is growing beyond parameters errors indicate that your server is running out of memory.

You'll want to ensure that you set your QlikView Server logging to High Verbosity and split the log files daily, ensuring that you have most information in the logs and they are easily digestible. In QMC, navigate to System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Logging tab to apply the settings.

Suggest you use the Systems Monitor application QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.23 to collate these logs and review them to assist in providing some insight into what is causing the high memory consumption.

If this issue began to occur "out of the blue," then you may have an end user created object causing the issue. Suggest you contact Qlik Support for assistance with this issue.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!