Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make -125.8% display as +100% ?

Hi All

I have a expression.

(

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(YearStart(Today())))<=$(=num(Today()))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

-

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

)

/

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

Now mu issue is when 2015 net profit amount -ve and 2016 net profit amount +ve , it display -ve % , which is wrong , i like to make it display 100%.

Hope some one can advise me.

Paul

7 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my QVF

sunny_talwar

Why would you see a 100%? Is this in general that any time you have a negative %age, you would want to see 100%?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

I miss your reply.

I am think if it is able see +ve % I am

Fine.

As it is not easy to compute to show the actual % growth from -ve to + ve.

Paul

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

i think you have reused an expression to show amount in $000's that's why dividing by 1000!

but you don't need that for the percentage calculation.

Also if the increase / decrease percentage is -125% or +125% you should show it as it is instead of ceiling to 100%

(

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(YearStart(Today())))<=$(=num(Today()))"}>} Amount)

-

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount)

)

/

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Vineeth

Thank you for your sharing.

If you see carefully , the bar chart , shown that profit for 2015 was -ve value , and 2016 was +ve value.

the fact is that logically the % should be +ve , but your expression is still show -ve.

Paul

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Paul,

Recheck your expression for profit, you are multiplying it with -1.

What is the purpose of multiplying profit with -1?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Vineeth

You are right , the -ve sign should not be there ,  i think i accidently enter in , which is wrong. after i remove the -ve sign.

Now after remove the -ve sign. but for TDSID , how to make it display +ve % ?

Paul