Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How Sense Desktop checks the screen resolution?

After updating to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1 SR2 the application decided that I'm running Sense on a very small screen (480 pixels wide or smaller) even my display resolution is 1920x1080.

How can I tell Sense that I have a bigger screen?

14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lincoyan -

I am investigating this, I have seen a few posts claiming display issues after upgrading. I will get back to you.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Michael,

Maybe some additional information for you.

I have the same issue on two Aspire laptops with UltraHD (2560 * 1440). With touch capability.

It always opens in small screen mode with no way of changing it to a large screen mode.

It makes no difference if we change the resolution I have even plugged in an external monitor and that makes no difference

By the way it is still there in SR3

Regards

John H

lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I noticed that on my laptop Qlik Sense looks normal only when the application window is maximized or almost the screen size.

Best Regards,

Lincoyan

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi Lincoyan,

Could you please open a support ticket (http://www.qlik.com/us/services/support) so we can have a look at the issue in more detail? Once the ticket is open, if you can post the ticket number here, I can have my team look at the problem.

Regards,

Vinay

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This issues seems to be solved with Qlik Sense Desktop v3.1.3, which was released yesterday. Can you please test that version and confirm if you still see it?

Regards,

Vinay

lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Vinay,

Downloaded the Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1 SR3 and it works just like SR2, no difference in how it determines is it in normal or small screen mode. it works fine when app window size is at least 1260x940px.

Best Regards,

Lincoyan

lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Seems that the windows 10 display settings for 'size of text, apps, and other items' is related how Sense works. I dropped the value to 100% and the window calculation changed on the new version of Qlik Sense Desktop.

lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

In case you have two screens the setting for the primary screen is the one that Sense detects.

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Lincoyan,

Thanks. Changing the text size works. Unfortunately It is now almost impossible to see the non Qlik Sense products on the laptop as they are now too small.

But for Demo's this is a workaround. In the meantime I have a call logged with Support.