Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generating Future Dates as a Dimension

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to generate a schedule going forward based on past date. I have 3 years worth of delivery data but it is important to note this does not include data on every day within that period.

I want to generate a schedule for the next year's deliveries. I can base the expected loads on at different times of year on the quantities in previous years.

I have a created a table. I want the dimension to be every day between today() and the same point next year. Obviously this data will have no existing data linked to it but by using formulas such as sum(if(month(Date)=X,ValueX)) I can attribute values to the dates.

My back up is uploading a spreadsheet with literally a years worth of dates in one column but was wondering if there was an in Qlik solution?

Thanks for any help.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You may need a Master Calendar.

Creating A Master Calendar

muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Can you send me sample qvw file?

Muthukumar Pandiyan
Not applicable
Author

I've built the master calendar (thanks for the link). And now I can create say a filter pane or an empty table that shows future dates, however I'm having trouble using these as a dimension as there is no data to connect these to anything else.

Can you think of a way to show these future dates as a functional dimension