Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Image

Hi,

I want to explore image in QlikView. I prepared a set of sample data, attached below.

There are 4 columns.

Device     OS     OS_Image_Small     OS_Image_Big

Image small and image big values is the direct link of image as we can't add image on cell. So what I want is.

1 - A table, with 3 columns (except OS_Image_Big)

2 - An appropriate object where I can display OS_Image_Big column when someone select from the above mentioned table.

3 - A list of all OS_Image_Small Values as Image Representation.

I added a ListBox with Image Representation, it won't work though. So is there any way to achieve these ? In the meantime I m also figuring out how to do...

Please suggest me some way.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sachin A.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In the text box, just change it to "=OS_Image_Big" (without the quotes)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sachin,

Can you please upload the folder with big and small imgaes..

Thanks

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Sure...

I attached the QVW, XLS, Image all at one rar file. I made few things in QVW, A straight table, a listbox with image.

I want to do the following....

When I click the Small_Image in ListBox, Corresponding Big_Image will appear on the text object. So we somehow need to pass the values from listbox to that textbox. I m figuring it out how to do , if you can put some input it would be great.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sachin A.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sachin,

Is this what you want? (Please refer to attached zip file)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sachin

Make sure you have the images in same folder as u have mension in excel sheet.

Its working my side.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi sachin,

I am uploading the rar Please have a look at this

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik and Khim,

Sorry but today I m not in office so I don't have access to licensed version of QlikView. I m currently using Personal edition so I'll not be able to open the QVW which you guys giving. Is there any other mode to provide ?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, they are. Image is working fine on my QVW. Just wanted to know how to pass the parameter from listbox to textbox object.

Listbox have small image.

TextBox have big image.

So click small in listbox, see big in textbox.

This is my current requirement.

Sorry once again, I can't open others QVW today.

Not applicable
Author

In the text box, just change it to "=OS_Image_Big" (without the quotes)

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sachin,

Do as follows,

Go to your excel file.

Change the OS_Image_Small and OS_Image_big Field value and just keep the name of the file name. Meaning remove the full path and just keep the image name with extension.

Keep the images in same folder where you have your QVW saved.

And try. I m sure this will work. As i did the same thing my side.

Regards

Kaushik Solanki