cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting doesn't refresh the metadata

I need to refresh automatically the metadata. My client needs to do this every morning, but they can't do this manually.

How can I set this automatically?

I have NPrinting 17.2.1 and Qlik Sense 3.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

This is a bug.

NPrinting 17.3 (planned for February next year) should resolve the issue completely.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anyone? I really need any suggestion for this

Thanks in advance

CS

Stephen_Jasionowski

Currently it is not possible to automate this step.

It is a roadmap item as part of the expansion of the reporting APIs but there is no timeline on this functionality at the moment.

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Isn't there any alternative solution for this? I really need to do this, we need to finish a project and this issue will affect us on the delivery terms.

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Update: When I restart NPrinting services, the metadata is realoaded. I think I can set a scheduled restart or something to do this, but I don't know if this is the best alternative solution.

CS.-

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any opinion about this? I'm still stuck on this problem. My client will be very disappointed if this isn't resolved.

Not applicable

This is a bug.

NPrinting 17.3 (planned for February next year) should resolve the issue completely.

sravankumarkaturi

Hi Carlos,
Yes you are right restarting nprinting services reloads metadata. and we can have a windows job to stop and start the nprinting services.

But restating the services every time or scheduling the restart  is definitely  not a good option and we may mess up the connections.

Thanks - sravan

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You are right, today I was testing this "solution" but it's very unstable.