Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

JIRA connector?

Hi community,

I am wondering if it is possible to make Qlik Sense connect to JIRA, QvSource 1.6 is not available any more otherwise I heard it makes building the connection string easy.

When I use the JQL based URL, my connection in QlikView keeps running for ever and I never manage to load anything even if I set max records to 1!

When I try it directly in my browser (given I was already logged in and using a new tab) I get back a mega JSON file in Chrome, then I save it locally, but then both QlikView and QlikSense don't know how to parse it!?

Any ideas on this topic and how to solve the authentication issue in case the connection is established from Qlik Sence?

Many thanks you

// Youness

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I managed to solve this problem using Qlik General Web Connector

In http://localhost:5555/web/connector/WebConnector choose General Web Connector and then use JQL to get what you want, you will have to fill in the pass and user name and the arguments for the URL. Then choose JSONToXMLRaw ot JSONToTable.

You will need to set legacy mode to true in Sense ini file for this to work.

Regards,

//Youness

Not applicable
Author

Managed to solved this again using REST connector in Qlik Sense and if you follow the online help docs pagination works like a charm, I could get 12000 recs from JIRA

jorgebrugos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Youness,

Can you please share your example connecting to Jira?

Regards,

Jorge

Not applicable
Author

jira rest connection.png

This is how I did it, hope it helps

Regards

hhajjali
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks youness for your post, it really help to correctly undestand how to configure the pagination.

I have a little problem, when I save or test the connection, it request to fill stringToEscape parameter, or I do not see any field mentionning this parameter in the "Edit Connection" dialog.

Have you encountered the same problem before?

Erreur.png