Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Built a Pie in a straight table

Hello,

Is it possible to build a pie in a straight table ( see attachment)

I have a straight table with one Dimension (CompanyNumber) and 5 expressions:

1) Sum(BudgetAmount)

2) Sum(ActualAmount)

3) Sum(ActualAmount) - Sum(BudgetAmount)

4)  if (Sum(BudgetAmount) > 0, Sum(ActualAmount) /  Sum(BudgetAmount), 0)

5) If ((Sum(BudgetAmount) - Sum(ActualAmount))/ Sum(BudgetAmount)> 0, (Sum(BudgetAmount) - Sum(ActualAmount))/ Sum(BudgetAmount), 1)

If I create a Pie, I use 4 and 5 to build the two Pie-parts, so 4 + 5 is the hole pie

I had created a straight table and a trellisbox with pies for every Company one pie.

Now my Managers wants that I integrate the pies into the straight table. But I don't know how I can do that with the expressions I have,

even don't know if it is possible at all

So I could use some help

Thanks in regards

Court

15 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Court,

Is it working OK in your example? In mine I couldn't get the pie values to differ so each pie chart was the same.

Basically in your case because the pie will always add up to 100% you just need the one expression to tell it where the next segment should start. The first segment is 'assumed' to be 100% less your formula if that makes sense

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Adam,

it's not working in my example:

I have limited my Dimension: only the 8 best are shown, so I have a rest.

if I have a rest of 10% or a rest of 40%, the pie looks alway the same. I think the problem is that you don't have two expressions like normal pies have.

Court

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it´s impossible to adjust dynamically the segment lower bound depending on the dimension (at least through Set Analysis, due to Set Analysis takes effect in a chart-level, but not in a row-level)

Did you find another way to do it or the answer is directly "not possible" 😞

Thank you,

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I didn't have any further time to look at this unfortunately  but I suspect it isn't possible

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Andreina,

Like Adam, I have discovered that it is not possible. a gauge turned over in a pie (like adam did) is as a small chart not possible because the expression has always the same answer.

I tried to bring in the expressions from a normal gauge /pie in to a small gauge/pie and it didn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Andreina