Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csurajbhan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to fetch long/medium text in qlikview from BW query

Hi All,

I am fetching BW query from Qlikview through OLAP connector.

In one of the field Division , i am getting two fields (text and Key).

In Division text field, there is 3 data maintained - Long text, Short text, Medium text.

i want to fetch long text or medium text in Qlikview.

If i set text to be in medium or long in BW, Qlikview fetches only short text.

Is there any setting or any thing by which i can get long or medium text in qlikview from BW Query?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mats_olin
Employee
Employee

Hi, are you aware that for each of the Characteristics you can chose which text and/or attribute you want to extract? Just mark the Characteristic in the 'Charateristics / (Navigational Attributes)' section and then in the 'Display attributes' section, mark the texts or attributes you wan't to extract. The selected texts/attributes will be added to the script. The numbers mean: 1=Short text, 2=Key value, 4=Long text, 5=Medium text.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

/ Mats

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mats_olin
Employee
Employee

Hi, are you aware that for each of the Characteristics you can chose which text and/or attribute you want to extract? Just mark the Characteristic in the 'Charateristics / (Navigational Attributes)' section and then in the 'Display attributes' section, mark the texts or attributes you wan't to extract. The selected texts/attributes will be added to the script. The numbers mean: 1=Short text, 2=Key value, 4=Long text, 5=Medium text.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

/ Mats

csurajbhan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Mats,

Thanks for your support, it's working for me.

SurajBhan