Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying all the data in the chart when selecting calendar object

Hi,

I have a requirement where in there are 2 calendar objects ,start date and end date.The data is stored as 1st of every month in the start date and 30/31st of every month .When i select 1st of any month in the start date i will be getting data in the straight table which displays the records but when i select 2nd or 3rd of jan then i will not be getting any data for that whole month of jan.

Is there any way to select any date in that month as start date and any month as end data,that month data should reflect in the chart?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you create the calendar objects on the variables vFromDate and vToDate, then you could ensure complete months by something like:

=Sum({<[Start Date] = {">=$(=MonthStart(vFromDate))<=$(=MonthEnd(vToDate))"}>} [PWR Actual Effort])

I am not sure why you need the Aggr() in your expression, soI have not included it above.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you post sample data or an app so that we can assist and better understand your requirements.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry ,its confidential data so i cannot post the same here .Pls let me know if there is any option of assigning the data to whole month if the data is present on 1st of every month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Create sample data is able to demonstrate the issue you are facing..

Could be inline statements and a generic calendar that is not sensative.

Checkout this post:

Uploading a Sample

Not applicable
Author

jagan‌ , marcus_sommer‌ , marcowedel‌ could you please help in the query

I have a requirement where in there are 2 calendar objects ,start date and end date.The data is stored as 1st of every month in the start date and 30/31st of every month in the end date .When i select 1st of any month in the start date i will be getting data in the straight table which displays the records but when i select 2nd or 3rd of jan then i will not be getting any data for that whole month of jan.

Is there any way to select any date in that month as start date and any month as end data,that month data should reflect in the chart?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rekha,

Can you post the expression that you are using so that it is easier to understand and provide solution.  Anyway try below expression

=Sum({<StartDate={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(StartDate)))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(StartDate)))'}>} MeasureName)

Note: Replace StartDate and MeasureName with corresponding field names.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i think you have to reflect your straight table data according to calendar objects(with start date and end date).

suppose.,

if you created normal calendar objects with min and max values.

in that,

if you select any date in that month as start date and any month as end date,that month data should reflect in the chart at any cost.

and

if you created calendar objects with any calculations,

based on your condition it is going for selections,

i think you have to check you calendar object min and max ranges,if you have any calculated values in min and max values range change these,

then your calendar objects going for selection with all values in every month.

and then check your straight table,

is there any calculated conditions change according to requirement.

Thanq.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Am using the below expression in my straight table.

=if([Start Date]>=vminstartdate and [Start Date]<vmaxenddate, sum(aggr( [PWR Actual Effort],[Name],Resource,[PW Fiscal Year],[Month/Year]))).

vminstartdate i have defined it as min(startdate)

vmaxenddate i have defined it as max(startdate).

The first calendar object from date is defined as variable=vminstartdate and min value as min(startdate) and max value as max(startdate)

similarly for to date have defined the variable=vmaxstartdate and min value as min(startdate) and max value as max(startdate).

I am considering the same expression as yours in if statement  but the problem is if i click on jan1st date as fromdate then i will get data,but if i click on jan2nd then the data in the straight table for jan will vanish.i would want to click on any date in month of jan in from date and i should be getting the value ,similarly if i click on any date in that month in todate i should be getting data.am getting stuck like how can we assign value of one date to the whole month so that any date i click in that month i should be getting the same data.

Capture.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you create the calendar objects on the variables vFromDate and vToDate, then you could ensure complete months by something like:

=Sum({<[Start Date] = {">=$(=MonthStart(vFromDate))<=$(=MonthEnd(vToDate))"}>} [PWR Actual Effort])

I am not sure why you need the Aggr() in your expression, soI have not included it above.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think you don't have values for 2nd Jan.  Try like this

vminstartdate i have defined it as Monthstart(min(startdate))

Regards,

Jagan.