Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed Task On QMC?

Hi,

I have some task that shows failed staus in status tab.

Error on Log: Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. --->                     QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): path of that file

Error on Log: Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. --->                     QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): path of that file

But I had checked that in Source document contain that QVW file. with same trigger that I had applied.

I not am able to understand what to do in such scenario.

please help me .

QlikView Support

thank you,

Yogesh J

Labels (2)
22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I don't have access to see the log file.I can see only task details on QMC.

In that it shows as

"QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): path of that file"

Also I have checked that document is present in source document containing the qvw file under having the task with its details.

but the in that folder I am not able to see such document.also task not getting visibel I am not geeting exactly waht its happens.

please let me know your thoughts.

thank you,

Yogesh J

Not applicable
Author

Hi

In that it shows as

"QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): path of that file"

Also I have checked that document is present in source document containing the qvw file under having the task with its details.

but the in that folder I am not able to see such document.also task not getting visibel I am not geeting exactly waht its happens.

thank you,

Yogesh J

Not applicable
Author

Hi

In that it shows as

thank you,

Yogesh J

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'm not clearly understand you, but the file isen't in the folder or you do not have Access to look into the folder?

As Chip ask: do other task running from the same folder?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Staffan,

I have seen the file in that folder but trying to Re run task.its giving an error.

could you please provide your thought on where is the issue.

regards,

YogeshJ

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you open the file With qlikview desktop?

Colin-Albert

Can you logon to the server using the user that is running the QlikView Distribution Service and see if you can access the source document with that account.

It sounds like the QlikView Distribution Service account does not have permissions to the source document folder or qvw file.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I suggest you reach out to Qlik Support and raise a support ticket. Be sure that you provide both the task log of the failed reload task along with the document log of the QVW file associated with the failed task. By default, the task logs are stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\DateOfTask\NameOfTask. If you have configured the QDS Application Data Folder in a different folder, you can check the location by looking in the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab. If document logging is enabled, it will be stored in the same directory in which the QVW file is housed. If document logging is not enabled, you will need to open the QVW file in QlikView Developer, click Settings > Document Properties > General tab and ensure the Generate Logfile checkbox is ticked. Then run the reload task so that the document log is generated.

Also provide the full QlikView Server/Publisher build version (i.e. 11.20.12904) and the location of the Source Documents (SAN, NAS, local storage, connected storage, etc.). Inform support if this reload task ran successfully previously and just started falling recently, or this is a newly configured task that hasn't run successfully from the start.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Right now,

I have checked the task details in that document that showing the file path name for the desired qvw file.

I found that the source document containing the qvw is not present present in desired folder.

So is that the issue of not reload the task successfully.

@colin_albert  @wmy

@stabben23 @krishnacbe

Thanks

YJ

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi YJ,

if you not find the qvw in the sourcefolder then that is Your problem. Map the folder in QMC (setup QDS folder path) or move the qvw to another folder.