Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why changes to apps are lost?

Hi!

I use Qlik Sense version 3.0.0. Changes made to apps, like editing variables, deleting variables, editing measures are occassionally lost. Sometimes it happens when the app is reloaded. Sometimes it is enough to reload the browser after a while (or a longer while). I am curious if somebody else experiences this and if there is something that can be identified as a cause for such a behaviour.

49 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Are you publishing the app?  If so are you losing the changes after you publish in the published version.  Or are you losing changes in your Work copy?

Not applicable
Author

The app is not published and changes are made repeatedly to the app being in the 'My Work' section.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Anna,

What product edition - I assume Qlik Sense Enterprise Server?

This does not sound familiar to me, I will check internally.

You access the app, edit, make changes (if using Qlik Sense Enterprise) those changes should save immediately, there isn't any save button in Enterprise.

Can you share some screen shots too?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Yes, we do use the server edition.

Regards,

Anna

Not applicable
Author

Hello Anna, I posted a question about a similar issue where we have lost variable definitions after copying or publishing a Qlik Sense app.  Did you ever learn more about the issue you experienced?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Did you raise this issue and if so, did you get any feedback? I'm experiencing the same thing with a Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment at a client (v.large).

It's front end updates that are getting lost but not every one that's made. If definitely happens after reloading but also when a session is closed down (more occasional). 

Would appreciate your thoughts

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Murray - I will reach out to the products team to see if I can get more information.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi mto‌,

I apologize for starting this thread again, but I wanted to know if you could solve this issue? I am new to qlik and I am currently going through this same inconvenience. I have the Sense Enterprise version with two servers (sense01 and sense02). Occasionally I enter the hub from sense 02. I am using the November 2017 version. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the same exact problem. It is absolutely inexcusable for a product like this to have this problem.