Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliotrheya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Export all Objects in a report to Excel

Hi,

how do you export all the objects in a report to excel?

Currently only the items in grid/chart is being exported. All the page filters are being ignored

11 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

When you export whole sheet, filters are not exported.

If you want to export filters before/after selection, you'd have to do it individually.

Right click on any filter>Export Data

elliotrheya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

lol.

you're funny brah!!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

he is right - when exporting to XLS you are exporting single object like chart, listbox, tablebox, multibox etc. Ultimetly you can use print sheet to print everything (like screenshot) or use NPrinting to build template to carry accross all objects from sheet to excel.

However Aehman is right. you have to do it one by one - so i guess i am funny too .

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elliotrheya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi.. thanks for the 'NPrinting' suggestion.

But it is sad Sense does not have the option to select all objects like in QlikView when you use the 'On BIFF Export' option

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ohh, You have actually made me relize i was thinking QlikView world. In QlikSense it would be probably better just ot build text object with formula showing all selected values.

I am not 100% sure but i was strugling exporting selections in QlikSense at all. i do not think it is curently possible from filter pane and you have to use table object to do that.

regards

lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elliotrheya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

coo,

I tried to use getcurrentselections() in the footnote, title.

But it turns out Sense does not export Titles. Footnotes to excel either...

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Qlik Branch

Use the above extension to export your Current Selection to XL file.

You can add dimension/measures to this extension as an export option...

I however used GetCurrentSelections('|','=') to get only Current Selections.

Thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is all great about extensions as long as you do it on your own "battlefield".

If you provide serice to other companies and build Qlik solutions - than extensions become unsupported part of it which is not really good .

I would really suggest to stick to vanila options to make sure they work in future

regards

Lech

elliotrheya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Totally agree with you...