Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to unistall disabled services on QV Server?

Hello Experts,

How uninstall the disabled services in the both the Server(QV Server/QV Publisher)?

Regards,

Avi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

In the screen capture you provided, I'm positive "QlikView x86" refers to QlikView Desktop, not QlikView Server. If QlikView Server is installed, you should see "QlikView Server x64/x86" (see below screen capture)

QlikView Serverx64.PNG

To uninstall individual QlikView services, you can modify the installation. You would highlight "QlikView Server xXX," click "Change" and then chose "Modify." Then once prompted, select the individual service(s) you want to uninstall.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Avantika,

• What is the current architecture of the QlikView environment?
    • Which QV services are currently running on what server(s)?
    • Which QV services are disabled and will be removed? What servers are they installed on?
  • All of the QlikView services are fairly simple to uninstall if they are already disabled - just use the Windows Add/Remove programs functionality.
  • There are some configuration changes which need to be made if disabling a Publisher instance however.

Hope this helps.

- Chip

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use sc command prompt tool to delete it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Chip,

On Server, we have QVS, QVWS and DSC are installed and running.

On Publisher , we have QMC and QDS which are running and required. QVS is disabled and need to remove this service from publisher.

Regards,

Avi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, under Add/Remove programs, I can see

Capture.PNG

Say if I uninstall "QlikView X86", whole QlikView will get uninstalled.

Regards,

Avi

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

In the screen capture you provided, I'm positive "QlikView x86" refers to QlikView Desktop, not QlikView Server. If QlikView Server is installed, you should see "QlikView Server x64/x86" (see below screen capture)

QlikView Serverx64.PNG

To uninstall individual QlikView services, you can modify the installation. You would highlight "QlikView Server xXX," click "Change" and then chose "Modify." Then once prompted, select the individual service(s) you want to uninstall.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chip,

Thanks a lot ! I followed the steps as per your comment and able to uninstall the disabled services.

Steps as below -

1. Stop all the services.

2. Run the installation package and select "MODIFY" option

3. Choose the Qlikview components one by one that we need to remove and complete the installation.

Before -

Capture.PNG

After -

Capture1.PNG

4. Restart the services.

Regards,

Avi