Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reusing Master Measures

I have created a new Master Item Measure using a complex expression. Let's name this as Measure 1. I want to create a 2nd Master Item Measure or add a new Measure in my visualization derived using a logic involving Measure 1. I am trying to use Measure 1 to apply the logic in the expression editor and Qiksense does not allow Measure 1 to be reused. So, when I define Measure 2, I will have to explode the logic of Measure 1 and add further logic to it making it very complicated. Is there a way that a Master Item can be reused to derive other Measures?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As far as I know qlik does not let you reuse master item measures.

But you can create a variable instead, and use that variable in you new measue.

just using $(yourVariableName)

You can create it in this icon:

1.png

Regards,

Sílvia

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As far as I know qlik does not let you reuse master item measures.

But you can create a variable instead, and use that variable in you new measue.

just using $(yourVariableName)

You can create it in this icon:

1.png

Regards,

Sílvia

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Silvia. That was helpful.

rittermd
Master
Master

There is a Power Tool from Qlik for Governed Metrics that would allow you to do this.  I started taking a look at it and got side tracked. 

Not applicable
Author

I have a derived field named 'Difference'. I am trying to colour code this based on an expression. i.e. If the value in this field is above a threshold I would like to highlight in Red. Should I use a variable again here? This Derived Measure is not showing up on the expression editor. Is there any function to say 'the Current field value'?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

True,

PowerTool is a great tool - however you do not know how long it is going to be supported for and also you cannot rely that it will be updated and compatible with every new release of QlikSense. Therefore master data library build from variables would be more painful at the beginnig but safer option to implement and i suggest that.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.