Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yavoro
Partner - Contributor III

Get Ticket in QV10 SR2, IIS7

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up QV server in DMS mode with ticketing. OS - Windows2008, IIS7.

But when I request the ticket using

http://localhost/QvAjaxZfc/GetTicket.aspx?admin=&cmd=%3CGlobal%20method=%27GetTicket%27%3E%3CUserId%...

I get the following result:

- <result>

<message text="Invalid call" />

</result>

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Thanks

Y

Y.A.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yavoro
Author

IIS seemed to be working as it returned a result.

Anyway - we gave up using IIS and now use QVWS instead, so I can't do more tests on IIS unfortunately.

There was an authorisation issue in QVWS - it was promting for username and password, but we managed to solve that using the following in the code:

// QlikView Server settings

string qvsuser = "username";   //this user MUST be in 'QlikView Administrators' group!

string qvspwd = "password";

…….

request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(qvsuser, qvspwd);

So this problem has been solved for us.

Thanks for you replies guys

Y.A.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Maybe this previous post can help you:

http://community.qlik.com/message/94546#94546

yavoro
Author

Hi,

I have seen this post. It's helpful but doesn't solve my problem.

I did try to use QVWeb Server instead of IIS and ticket request works successfully. So my guess is it is something to do with IIS7...

Y.A.
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

This is the code I'm using with VB.NET

Dim request As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://" + qvshost + "/QvAjaxZfc/GetTicket.aspx?admin=")

Dim str As String

str = "<Global method='GetTicket'><UserId>" + username + "</UserId></Global>"

request.ContentLength = str.Length

request.Method = "POST"

request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

Dim writer As New StreamWriter(request.GetRequestStream())

writer.Write(str)

writer.Flush()

Try

Dim reader As StreamReader

reader = New StreamReader(request.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())

Dim document As New XmlDocument

document.LoadXml(reader.ReadToEnd())

If (document.InnerText.Length <= 0) Then

Throw New Exception("Check QVS Host name / availability")

End If

ticket = document.InnerText

Catch ex As Exception

End Try

yavoro
Author

After some investigation a guy from QlikTeck came back with this:

"Our Iis v10 uses aspx not asp. Aspx has a security feature provided by Microsoft that doesn't allow XML to be passed as parameters in the XML. In our qvws we don't have that. So use a POST call and send the XML as an entity body."

This may be explains why the link above isn't working. So we tried to use POST call and send XML as an entity body using the following in a simple html page:

function GetTicket() {

var xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

var url = 'http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/GetTicket.aspx?admin=';

var cmd = '<Global method="GetTicket"><UserId>' + escape(idUserName.value) + '</UserId></Global>';

xmlHttp.open("POST", url, false);

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8");

xmlHttp.send(cmd);

return xmlHttp.responseXML.documentElement.text;

}

Still same outcome - it works with QVWS and not with IIS......

Y.A.
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

It is working for me with IIS with the above code. Is IIS properly configured? Are you able to access applications through it?

Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem - slightly different code but basically does the same:

string url = “https://localhost/QvAjaxZfc/GetTicket.aspx?admin=”;

string ticketRequestXml = string.Format("<Global method='GetTicket'><UserId>{0}</UserId></Global>", identity);

WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(url);

request.ContentLength = ticketRequestXml.Length;

request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(_configurationProvider.QvRequestUser, _configurationProvider.QvRequestPassword, _configurationProvider.QvRequestDomain);

request.Method = "POST";

var writer = new StreamWriter(request.GetRequestStream());

writer.Write(ticketRequestXml);

writer.Flush();

var reader = new StreamReader(request.GetResponse().GetResponseStream());

var xmlDocument = new XmlDocument();

xmlDocument.LoadXml(reader.ReadToEnd());

The response I get back is

<result><message text="Invalid call"/></result> - very unhelpful, it gives us no clue as to why this is an invalid call. can't find any useful error logs either. Chasing QV support now...

yavoro
Author

IIS seemed to be working as it returned a result.

Anyway - we gave up using IIS and now use QVWS instead, so I can't do more tests on IIS unfortunately.

There was an authorisation issue in QVWS - it was promting for username and password, but we managed to solve that using the following in the code:

// QlikView Server settings

string qvsuser = "username";   //this user MUST be in 'QlikView Administrators' group!

string qvspwd = "password";

…….

request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(qvsuser, qvspwd);

So this problem has been solved for us.

Thanks for you replies guys

Y.A.
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

jdallen, do you have any updates on this?

My code was working fine with IIS 7 but doesn't work with IIS 6.

Not applicable

Yes.

QlikView support suggested we remove the '?admin=' from the end of our POST url -this made no difference.

We now have this working, after a huge amount of trial and error with IIS Authentication settings. Our resolution involved setting the following:

Make sure you have an application pool in IIS to use which is set to use your QlikView service account (which should be in local Admin group and QlikView Admin group)

Set the root site in IIS to use the custom application ppol you have setup. Also make sure that the QlikView applications under the website (eg QvAjaxZfc, QvPlugin etc) are also using that app pool.

At the root level site in IIS (we're using IIS7), try enabling anonymous authentication (set it to use the application pool identity) and windows authentication

For QvAjaxZfc, enable Anonymous Authentication only (also set to use the app pool identity). You may also want to try enabling Basic authentication instead - I also had success with that, although our setup is quite complicated and I dont have time to explain it all.

What we are doing in our code is first authenticating the user against AD to make sure it is a valid user, then (see code I posted earlier) making a post request to GetTicket, using NetworkCredential(username, apssword, domain) to request a ticket using the QlikView service credentials.

Hope this helps someone!