Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to lease license

Hi,

I have a Virtual machine where qlikview server and qlikview desktop is installed. Since Qlikview desktop is a personal edition, i wanted to lease the license which is been added in qlikview server(which is in same machine). When even i try to lease license using the open in server option the license is not applied. Plese help us.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please make sure you are using Prod licenses to lease.

File->open in sever-> qvp://production IP address

durga_bi13
Contributor
Contributor

even I could not lease license. i tried connecting to server from desktop.. but still my license is not leasing.

You are talking about LEF .  I can find the LEF infomation in  qmc

Path in qmc -->System-->license-->Server licence

Can you pls help me with this issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@durga_bi13,

Have a look at the QlikView License Lease Technical Brief which provides the prerequisites for license lease as well has steps on how to perform the action. 

Regrading the LEF, does your LEF state TEST license or 'license lease; no'?  If not, then the license would be viable.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
durga_bi13
Contributor
Contributor

It is "LICENSE_LEASE;NO"in qmc.

Can you provide me Procedures to do for the below also: 

I copied a file from server. it is not opening in my personal edition. but still it is opening in my colleague machine which is personal edition too. 

durga_bi13
Contributor
Contributor

It "LICENSE_LEASE;NO" So what should be done to lease license

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@durga_bi13,

You would need to perform the license lease from a production QVS or QVS whose LEF doesn't contain the value "LICENSE_LEASE;NO".

When in QlikView Desktop and using the File > Open in Server method, use the QVP address of your prod server.  Make sure you have a Named User CAL assigned to the account you want lease to on this prod server as well.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!