Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Qliksense sheets search/categories/other grouping methods

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone had encountered the need to group sheets in Qliksense.  By default, Qlik sense server has the split of "Base Sheets" and "My Sheets" and one of our users asked if it was possible to have further splits based on other categories.  So you'd have say a "Sales analysis" category with some sheets and a "Sales Detail" category with other sheets (the users would probably want to split these per department).

As far as I can tell, introducing additional categories in this way is not possible, but I was wondering if there are any other ways I might suggest for grouping the apps, or allowing the sheets to be filtered/searched in some way?  I don't necessarily want to prevent users from seeing certain sheets, just to have them be easy to navigate once there are a relatively large number of sheets in the app.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

5 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You can do that by  Sheet level Security in qliksense which will allow you to restrict user access to sheets.

Refer

1. Security rules to manage sheets visibility | Qlik Community

2. sheet level section acess in qliksense | Qlik Community

3. Sheet level security qliksense

4. Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ??

nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi There,

Thanks for the response.  As I mentioned above, I don't actually want to restrict visibility of the sheets to certain users.  What I'm looking to do is make it easier to navigate the sheets when there are a relatively large number of them in the app.

arms_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Please could you update this if you figured it out? Other than using I naming convention I can't see a way either - but I'm brand new to the product.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi guys,

Any inputs on this?

prabchou84
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found any way to achieve this?