cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher DSC Local directory invalid credentials

Hey everyone,

I'm having an illogical problem in Publisher on QlikView Server 12.0.20400.0

I am trying to add local credentials at System - Setup - Management service - Directory Service Connectors - DSC@x.x.x.x - Local Directory.

I add a local directory in the form of

Path: local://10.0.0.150

username

password

I click on Apply, and I am able to select users and assign them to documents without a problem.

Then I add a second server, click Apply and publisher marks the two servers with a * saying Invalid Credentials, after which none of the two are able to produce users to assign to documents.

The usernames and passwords are 100% correct.

I also have a Configurable ODBC connection which always works.

I tried deleting all entries, and restarting the DSC Service after which the entries *sometimes* magically appear again.

The ODBC keeps working, the local marks an Invalid Credentials error.

After deleting entries and restarting the service that a few times, the entries are gone, I can add the Local Directory server again, and it works perfect, right up until I add a second connection and the Invalid Credentials appear again.

I need the two to work, but can only get the ODBC to work all the time...

Any ideas?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem since today, my user credentials are tested and valid but the QMC does not accept them, any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

I found a solution which worked for me.

1. Delete all in the QMC configured DSCs
  2. Kill the Directory Service Connector Service via TaskManager or Services
  3. Restart the Service
  4. Configure all DSCs again

I still don´t know what caused the problem. I just wanted to set the cache expiration from 15 minutes to 5 and everything stoped working. Stuff like this, the last NPrinting release, the initial QlikView 12 release and so on makes me really question if qlikview is really "business ready" and if qlik has any testers at all....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion, but didn't do it for me...