Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

Dynamically change dimension in QlikSense

Hi,

We need to change the dimension field dynamically in QlikSense. So is it possible in QlikSense.

Thanks,

Sandip

13 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes. The easiest way is to add the dimensions as Alternatives to your chart. See Video Link : 4327

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

As Gysbert said the simpliest way is to use alternative dimension in your chart

Second approch is to use Qsvariable extension ( available in qlik branch site)

I upload a little app as an example

hope it helps

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I am using Qliksense 3.0 and it does not have any option for alternate dimension and measure like this:

Please suggest what to do now?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What are you using? Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Enterprise? If the latter, are you trying to modify a published app or an unpublished app?

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I am using the 2.5 web version of QlikSense.But I have found it in Qliksense 3.1 desktop version

Thanks,

Sandip

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The 2.5 web version eh? I'm pretty sure there never has been a 2.5 release. And every Qlik Sense version is a web version so that doesn't really help either.

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Below is the screenshot for my version information:

This is the version I am using right now. But also I am using QlikSense v3.1 and it is a desktop version.

Thanks,

Sandip

Gysbert_Wassenaar

2.2 supports alternative dimensions and measures. So, are you trying to modify a published app or an unpublished app? Once an app is published you can't modify it. Duplicate it first, modify the duplicate and then republish it.

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi,

There is no option for creating alternate dimension at Qliksense 2.2. Can u give me a screenshots or give me some instructions ? so that I can follow the instructions and do my work.

Thanks,

Sandip