Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdcastro
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

License QlikView Server in Desktop

Hello everyone,

i have a serve where i have installed QlikView 12 and QlikView Server.

I have this license:

Product                                        Quantity

QlikView Enterprise Edition Server                      1

QlikView Named User CAL                               10

QlikView Document CAL                                  10

QlikView Session CAL                                      1

But sometimes i need to develop some apps in server machine and i need to use qlikview desktop.

There is some possibility of insert one of those 10 QlikView Named User CAL in QlikView Desktop associated to my user account? I would like to to open QVW created by other users.

Thanks by your help,

Grettings

22 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Bingo, once you have successfully leased the licence, to edit the file you should use File > Open, you can't edit a QVW in Open in Server mode!

Andy

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

File > Open in Server is not the correct method to open QVWs for editing. File > Open in Server is synonymous with opening a QVW from the AccessPoint. Files open in these methods aren't for editing, they are for consuming. Basically, the File >Open in Server menu is for leasing a license only.

If you want to open a QVW file for the purpose editing script, removing, objects, etc., then you need to open the QVW directly. Either File > Open menu, or navigating to the location of the QVW in Windows Explorer and double-clicking the QVW file to open it.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy the QVW file to your local path and double click on it. The new opened file will allow you to edit now.