Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with Users in QlikView Desktop

Hello!

We are having problems with some funcionality of Qlikview. 

We cannot use two QlikView Desktop Users working at the same time.

The main question is: How I can assign the available licenses in the Qlikview Server to their corresponent Qlikview Desktop Users ?

Many thanks in advance!

David

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus,

I will take a look of both documents. But i cannot access to the article " All you need...." . Access denied.

David

ramasaisaksoft

Hi David,

First of all you need to choose a check box in QMC for License leasing For this while you are buying qv server license you have to choose this.

-> you can share that link for users and will activate their license through server

-> at a time more than one user also can use the license

For qmc settings

Leasing License for Desktop Personal Edition from Server is not working. Why?

For activate license

How to lease a license from server to QlikView installed in laptop (Remote)?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello David,

Per the licensing agreement, each user needs to have an applied license, so one license applied for QlikView Desktop is not functional for multiple users. So you need to apply a QlikView Desktop license for each user using QlikView Desktop on this computer. Another option would be to configure license leasing for each user from the QlikView Server as Marcus and Rama suggested.

Hope this helps

- Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marcus_sommer

To get access to this resource you need to be a registred customer of qlikview - contact qlik or your partner to get your user-account updated to this registration.

- Marcus