Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

How are you controlling change in nprinting?

We're using nprinting as a production reporting tool. Some high profile mistakes have happened over the past couple of days and I'm being asked to bring it under change control... I've got Qlikview and Qlik Sense under tight controls, but have no experience in nprinting..

We've got two nprinting servers; Test & Prod.

Any advice would be appreciated.

4 Replies
avinashelite

as per my knowledge we don't have any version controls features in NPritning and we it doesn't support any third party tools too. what you can do is limit the production access to only limited set of people and you need to control the change in the PRD file

basegadshc
Contributor II
Contributor II

We got the same answer when we asked Qlik about version control and change management in the product (and why we aren't using it).  We were also told this is "coming in a Feb 2017 release" but haven't validated this yet. 

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So we just installed Nprinting 17 and still see no ability to control production change. Other than perhaps some archaic, manual, dual effort set up in two different environments. I hope the Nprinting developers at Qlik are taking notes from Qlik Sense guys down the hall. You can control Qlik Sense production changes quite easily. IN THE SAME SERVER SITE!

Hey Qlik, let's hear about the Change Management features coming in the Feb 2017 release.

basegadshc
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'll echo that request for info about the Feb Release and this functionality as I was just going to have my team do follow-up and look at the upcoming release.  I love how Qlik wants to help drive usage of their tool at our organization but, because I can't effective deliver printed versions of visualizations, I am hesitating to build C-suite level solutions in Qlik.  They are missing a great opportunity for their tool to be part of highly visible solutions simply because I can't effectively manage changes over time and ensure a stable, quality experience to my most important users. 

Qlik, how are you going to help us overcome this and help you grow usage (and license revenue)?