Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count records based on relative date

Hi folks,

I want to identify how many clients have 2, 3, x appointments within a given time period, where the start date is determined by the first appointment (so it's not a set period such as Jan-June).

I have a table like so:

Record_IDClient_IDAppointment_dateOutcome

ABCddmmyyyyA
2ABCddmmyyyyB
3ABCddmmyyyyC
4DEFddmmyyyyB
5GHIddmmyyyyC
6GHIddmmyyyyB
7JKLddmmyyyyA

Record_ID has unique values for each row; the other fields may repeat values.

First challenge

For each Record_ID, I want to count the number of other records with the same Client_ID whose Appointment_date is after a defined period of the appointment date of the record in question. For example, for Record 1, how many other records does Client ABC have with an appointment date greater than [appointment_date(R1)] but less than [appointment_date(R1) + 183]. Call this Next6Months

Second challenge

Once I have calculated this for each Record ID, I want to identify the maximum value of Next6Months for each Client_ID. I think I can use aggr function for this - aggr(Max(Next6Months),Client_ID). I'll use that to create a dimension, grouping clients according to how many appointments they had in the space of 6 months.

Lastly, I want to be able to study these patterns for given values of Outcome - how many clients had 5 appointments with the Outcome A in a 6 month period, for example. Outcome is a dimension used in other graphs in my app, so I just need the formulae used to calculate the above to be responsive to filters.

Any assistance will be much appreciated! Thanks.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try something like this:

TempData:

LOAD

Record_ID, Client_ID, Appointment_date, Outcome

FROM

source_table

;

OUTER JOIN (TempData)

LOAD

Record_ID as AsOf_Record_ID,

Client_ID,

Appointment_date as AsOf_Appointment_date

RESIDENT

TempData

;

Data:

LOAD

If( Appointment_date <= AddMonths(AsOf_Appointment_date,6), 1, 0) as InNext6Months

RESIDENT

TempData

WHERE

Appointment_date >= AsOf_Appointment_date

;

DROP TABLE TempData;

You can then sum the field InNext6Months to find how many appointments fall in the six month period for each appointment. Dimensions: AsOf_Appointment_date, Client_ID. Expression: sum(InNext6Months)

If you want the maximum you'll have to aggregate the sums per client and appointment to calculate the max:

max(aggr(sum(InNext6Months),Client_ID,AsOf_Appointment_date))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand