cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Getting Totals Row into nPrinting template

I have a totals row in my QS table that I want to get into my nPrinting Word template. 

However,  when I add the table to the template this row is not there.

I have added a manual totals row to my Word table by adding a Formula row.  But this is not adding correctly because of how I am formatting my data.  If I wasn't doing this then this would have worked perfectly for me.

So the $60,000 question is can you bring the Totals row over from QS?

This is the latest build of nPrinting

8 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I only have np 16 but there is a Show totals flag in the table properties. Is it not available in the latest version?

Unfortunately it puts the Expression total at the top of the exported table. The Dimension limits total is displayed correctly.

BR,

Matus

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

There is no option like that for the table in 17 that I see.

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

​It is not mentioned in the known limitations in the release  notes so I assumed the functionality is there.

Did you try Dimension limit totals as well? I'm just curious but other than that I am out of ideas.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

So if I limited the dimensions how would that help me display the totals row in nPrinting?  I'm not clear on that.

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, it is only available in QV. You can have two different totals in table - one is enabled in Expressions and other in Dimension limits and they behave a bit differently. But in QS there is only one option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is no "show total" option like nprinitng 16 for QV, then I guess it is not available yet in nprinitng 17.2. The developer team are working hard to bring all the functions in 16 to 17.

In order to confirm, I have a quick check of the manual of 17.2 here, they introduce to use excel formula to get the total. So I think it is still not available.

Zhihong

pierreh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, is it still not available in latest versions ? 

Digvijay_Singh

didn't try yet but AFAIK It has been released in Feb 2022 Qlik Sense release and I guess it should be available now in nprinting as well(I guess in May 2021 onwards in), We are just one version behind and looking forward to this feature.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Innovation-Blog/Qlik-Sense-February-2022-Client-Managed-r...

Digvijay_Singh_0-1649955160545.png