Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdecluseau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with security rules and create option for published app

Hi all !

I work with Qlik Sense 3.0.0 :

I modified the Security rules CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp with the idea to disable the possibility of creating new sheet for users.

It works fine and option disapear from the main sheet (Yellow underline).

1.PNG

It's better than I'm thinking because the Editing button also disappear into a sheet.

2.PNG

So great, It's what I want.

But I recently upgrade into Qlik Sense 3.1 SR3. The security rules are the same, but options are back :

3.PNG

But ! When I create a new sheet, it's seems that I can work on it but after some times, the new sheet disapear !

It's like Qlik Sense react late that there's a security rule against this action.

Question :

It's me or there's a real issue ?

Thanks for your help and your answer !

7 Replies
mborsadw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I am seeing similar issues. Looks like a bug in Qlik Sense. How do we file bugs?

rittermd
Master
Master

First rule of security rules is do not change a rule that comes with the software.  Instead make a custom rule and disable the original one.  Name your rule the same but put a prefix in front of the name like -Custom- for example.

You can also create tags and put that on your custom rules to make them easier to find later.

That way you can always go back to the original.

It sounds like the changes you made to the rule were replaced with the standard rule when you upgraded.  But not sure.  Never paid much attention to that.

mborsadw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Mark,

I do have custom rules and have disabled the original rule.

As Chris mentioned, the "Create New Sheet" option displays and allows the user to create a new sheet. But then the new sheet disappears.

Its almost like the front end is not honoring the security rules and allowing creation of a sheet but the backend seems to be honoring the rules and does not save the sheet, because it disappears in a few moments.

cdecluseau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi all ! Hi Mark !

I understand and knows your warning. I didn't explain that It's on a test environment, so I allow me to modify directly .

And also, I check the security rules before and after the upgrade. They are the same.

Understanding the security rules is really not an easy things to do . I understand some new things and try to check if it's a real issue or the result of others security rules. Whitout succes now.

toddprete
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am having the same exact issue.   Were you able to fix this issue or is it indeed a Qlik Sense 3.1 bug?

Todd

mborsadw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think its a bug!

cdecluseau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

And now I've the same issue for a bookmark or storytelling creation . I try to manage the ability to create this type of object.