cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ad-hoc reporting in qlikview?

Hi Experts,

Can anyone explain about adhoc reporting in qlikview in plain text, i seen some refferences in this community but didn't understand, so explain me clearly please.

-- Pavan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may missed this? Can you check this. This is simple and good to understand. Because, i was the follow same when i was in junior level

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

From what I understand it just means that the user is empowered to decide what they wants to see. They can basically pick from multiple dimensions and expressions and on the fly create a report.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may missed this? Can you check this. This is simple and good to understand. Because, i was the follow same when i was in junior level

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Thanx anil its helpful to understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanx sunny, Below link explain what u said.

Customizable Straight Table

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Pavan,

in simple manner

Ad-Hoc reporting is nothing but add or remove Dimensions/Expressions in a straight table dynamically by the end user.

Usually we create a straight table with X No.of dimensions and Y No.of Expressions and client/End user don't have chance to add or remove these columns from that S.table

but here (Adhoc) report end user will have a capability to add or remove columns(Dimensions/Expression) dynamically and he can view in detail manner as per his wishing columns.

i hope Adhoc_Report_Qlikview_Enable_Dimension.png

Here user can add Dimensions and Metrics by randomly.