Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop - Cannot Include using Relative filepath unless in Legacy Mode

Both of these statements (which , by my understanding, use "relative paths") will cause a failure:

$(Include=test.qvs);

$(Include=../test.qvs);

The error message is vague, there is no specific "error" I can see other than this mentioned in the Data Load Editor output:

"Data has not been loaded. Please correct the error and try loading again."

(Even though there are two test.qvs at those locations...

Which are relative to the Qlik sense working directory, and its parent directory, which -- as this suggests -- are here for me:

C:\Users\nathanielanderson\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\test.qvs

C:\Users\nathanielanderson\Documents\Qlik\Sense\test.qvs

)

Actually, these statements (which, by my understanding, use "absolute paths")  DO work:

$(Include=C:\Users\nathanielanderson\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\test.qvs);

$(Include=C:\Users\nathanielanderson\Documents\Qlik\Sense\test.qvs);

Until I  make this change in my Settings.ini :

StandardReload=0

After making that change -- ie. turning OFF Standard mode; turning ON legacy mode...

Then no errors with the relative paths or otherwise.

Maybe I must look in the "script log files"?

19 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

While I'm referring to a very specific version when copying the help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

In this case Qlik Sense 3.1, it could well be a bug in how Qlik Sense Desktop (not Enterprise) behaves with paths. Maybe it is worth checking with Qlik Support if that error is expected.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Script mode means Standard Mode is still set to 1, or in other words, Qlik Sense is working in Standard Mode, therefore not accepting any references to the filesystem directly unless you create a LIB for it.

Do you happen to be using the "DIRECTORY" key in your script if you copied it from QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I think I'm clear on StandardMode=1;

I can work in the constraints of StandardMode; i.e. just create a LIB.

I am not using a DIRECTORY keyword in my script; my script is only the one line I printed here.

However, it's an interesting idea, maybe I can see how DIRECTORY will affect the behavior I am seeing.    

Not applicable
Author

I will just leave this thread, since I can easily work around this inconsistent behavior. It's just curious.     

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Well, you shouldn't give up.

Lots of people are using Include in their script, and the QDF itself assumes that Include works as expected, so I would contact Qlik Support if what you see is not what you are expecting or not what it is documented in the official help.qlik.com site.

Not applicable
Author

OK, I will try when I have time... Qlik Support has been helpful in the past.

You said "QDF"

Miguel Baeyens wrote:

Well, you shouldn't give up.

Lots of people are using Include in their script, and the QDF itself assumes that Include works as expected, so I would contact Qlik Support if what you see is not what you are expecting or not what it is documented in the official help.qlik.com site.

What is QDF? Qlikview Deployment Framework?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, sorry, I try to not use acronyms in public sites so everybody knows what I'm talking about and I forgot this time, but you are right, QDF stands for Qlik Deployment Framework, which has been published in GitHub and which you can follow up in its own group in the Community for new updates, features, issues, comments, etc.:

Qlik Deployment Framework

Not applicable
Author

And, slightly related, you can use relative paths in the Connections as shown in the attached screenshot.

Can create connections with relative paths and this screenshots suggests that.PNG

The screenshot was taken from an app whose file is NOT located in the Qlik Sense App Directory,  (i.e. C:\Somewhere\Else)

Therefore the screenshot also illustrates that the working directory for a Connections' relative path, will STILL/ALWAYS be the Qlik Sense App Directory;

i.e. C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

excuse my interference here, i was looking for answers on how to use web connectors and since im using qlilk sense desktop i got to the point that i should change the standard reload in the settings to 0 so i can connect to the web link i got from the connector

1. am i on the right path?

2. the settings text file C:\Users\mena\Documents\Qlik\Sense \settings.ini  only include  the phrase [Settings 7] so what is going on here??

Not applicable
Author

mena, I think in the Settings.ini; any line in square brackets, like:

[Settings 7]

Is a header. Its purpose is only to organize the actual values which appear on lines after its header, and before a different header.

So you can add a line beneath that, StandardReload=1 if you want. (I'm not sure the StandardReload will help you with "web connectors". I thought StandardReload is only related to "load scripts that refer to absolute or relative file paths as well as library connections." Let us know.)

Indeed, my settings.ini looks like this:

[Settings 7]

InterfaceLanguage=English

NumberOfDocuments=0

DocumentTimeout=60

StandardReload=1

MarginTop=20

CurrentQVConnect64Loc=

CurrentQVConnect32Loc=