Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Column Total

I have 9 Columns in a regular table. 

I have to hide the values in each row if the the expression is <11.  For example:

If (Count({<DestName={'LTACH'}>}DISCHARGE_DESTINATION) < 11,'**',Count({<DestName={'LTACH'}>}DISCHARGE_DESTINATION))

This works fine.

The problem I am having is that the totals row for these columns is doing the same thing.  If the Total for the entire column is <11 then it displays **.

I want the Total for this column to actually display the real total for the column and not the **

Is there a way to tell it to do something different for the totals row?  Or is there another way to generate the totals row so that it is not using the same expression as above?

This is QS 3.1.1

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you want the total row to be the sum of all the rows? You can use Sum(Aggr()) for that

Sum(Aggr(If(Count({<DestName={'LTACH'}>}DISCHARGE_DESTINATION) < 11,'**',Count({<DestName={'LTACH'}>}DISCHARGE_DESTINATION)), DimensionsHere))

Or if you want a totally different expression for the total row, you can try this:

How to use - Dimensionality()

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Here is the problem.  For the column with the above expression the total for all of the rows is 4.  So every row is displaying ** since it is below 11.

So one row might have 2 and another might have 2.  So they show as ** on the row.

But for the total row I want to see 4.  Even though it is less than 11.

So I need the rows to still display **.  But the total to show 4.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the expression tab , click the expression and in the total mode select Text count

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I am not seeing this.  Are you talking about Qlik Sense or Qlik View?

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry I was referring to Qlikview