Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewan_abdullah
Partner - Contributor III

How to add a category and Sub-category in NPrinting?

I am using NPrinting 17.2.1 for Qlik Sense and i have table that has drill-down dimension, but when I add it on NPrinting Excel it only shows one dimension..

So how can I achieve a category sub-category on NPrinting

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jacob_hoffmann

Hi Abdullah,

My approach to this would be to take out as much complexity of NPrinting and handle as much as possible in Sense.

I would create the objects exactly as I need them. Then you could argue, that this will mess-up the Sense application. Agree: But then create a stream called NPrinting. Create duplicate apps which reloads binary from the regular production QVF's. Then you have two seperate frontends and the best of breads.

So don't use theese Drill-Down features, when you do objects for NP static reporting. Here they don't make sense. Use them in the data discovery tool

That's my 10 Cents.

BR Jacob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way to do it that I know of

Is to add the drill downs dimensions as a dimensions to the Qlik sense table (in the case sub category)

dewan_abdullah
Author

Actually I used Levels and it worked fine.

Thank you.

jacob_hoffmann

Hi Abdullah,

My approach to this would be to take out as much complexity of NPrinting and handle as much as possible in Sense.

I would create the objects exactly as I need them. Then you could argue, that this will mess-up the Sense application. Agree: But then create a stream called NPrinting. Create duplicate apps which reloads binary from the regular production QVF's. Then you have two seperate frontends and the best of breads.

So don't use theese Drill-Down features, when you do objects for NP static reporting. Here they don't make sense. Use them in the data discovery tool

That's my 10 Cents.

BR Jacob