Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrade QV Server

Dears,

I try to do upgrade to my qlikview server after I update the license; wo what is the availability to upgrade the server if I have QV server 11.20 and I think it is SR 6 can I install 12.00 SR5 or can't?!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes, you are right.

I would recommend you to look at Upgrade and Migration ‒ QlikView before doing the upgrade.

I've run into one annoying issue during one of my previous upgrades from 11 to 12. I lost all my USER CAL allocation information during an upgrade of a QlikView test server. I would recommend you to keep a backup of user names with an USER CAL assigned. You could use a license monitoring app like Qlikview Server CAL Manager to extract your license information.

Cheers

Vegar

PS: you should also check that your scripts are using applymap() that is reffering to an mapping table that does not exists. QV11.2 does not throw an error for it, but QV12 do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes ,as long you are paying your yearly license maintainance fee you have the right to upgrade your QlikView server. You should upgrade to QV12 hence Qlik will no longer support 11.2 after  December 8th 2017.

When is End Of Life for QlikView 11 and NPrinting 16? Read this

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Vegar Lie Arntsen , yes we pay the new support and we renew it and I update the licenses and now the migration step do you have any idea how to do migration from 11 to 12 ?

I thing after take backup for all files and for QVS  it will be a normal installation after that reboot the server. then check al the services are working and all the document and users are able to access. am i right or not ? or there is something else.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes, you are right.

I would recommend you to look at Upgrade and Migration ‒ QlikView before doing the upgrade.

I've run into one annoying issue during one of my previous upgrades from 11 to 12. I lost all my USER CAL allocation information during an upgrade of a QlikView test server. I would recommend you to keep a backup of user names with an USER CAL assigned. You could use a license monitoring app like Qlikview Server CAL Manager to extract your license information.

Cheers

Vegar

PS: you should also check that your scripts are using applymap() that is reffering to an mapping table that does not exists. QV11.2 does not throw an error for it, but QV12 do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much. Actually I finish all migration successfully without any issue and also the client development application migration . and now i'm do it for NPrinting Server & Application .

but before I did it I remove all the named call and document call and restart the server after the migration all the services will be stopped you have to do restart (recommended) and all services will start.