Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in Qlik sense

Greeting Qlik guys,

I got a question about sorting. The 'Severity Level' cannot sorting in the right order. Is there a way to sort this on ascending?

Thank you

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The bars get sorted ok afaict. The legend however isn't. Perhaps you can fix that by first loading the severity levels in a temporary table in the correct order so the load order is the same as the sort order you want. See this blog post for more information: Establishing a Sort Order | Qlikview Cookbook

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I'm pretty new to Qlik. I'm using Qlik sense. Do they have the same technique? However, thanks for your reply.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

the problem is that not all security levels are existsing in the first month. So they are not sorted in the Chart legend.

Use the dual-function in the script to allocate a numeric value to sorting by.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried both match() and dual(), but neither of them give me the incorrect result. No matter which function I used, the first month ruined everything.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can use the same technique in Qlik Sense.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Leo!

I opened the attached file qvf. In chart Severity Level($) sorting ascending. Only in the legend broken sorting (circled in red in the figure below). From legend to do anything it does not work, maybe it's a platform error.SortQS.jpg

Regards,

Andrey