Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to read QVD files for Data Quality Check

Hi All,

I am new to QV , just want to understand how to read the QVD files for Data Quality Check and store that data in to DB ?

Which all way we can achieve this ?

Which all technology we can use eg Python etc?

Is there any QV API to Automate the Data Quality Check in QVD ?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul S

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand what you want to do. What kind of data quality check do you want to do? Note, qvd files are data files that store a single table from the data model from Qlikview or Qlik Sense document. Qvd files are normally not used as a data source for sql databases. A lot of ETL tools cannot read qvd files.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi , Thanks for the response.

I want to do some data checks on QVD data , I wan to store some metrics in DB by using QVD and use that Data for Variance calculation.

So how we can load the QVD data in to DB except etl ?

marcus_sommer

This meant that you want to load data into your DB which was load and transformed through QlikView, right? For this the medium of QVD won't be very suitable but you could apply something like this: Write Back to Database via ETL process (using CSV or XML).

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use an etl tool that does support qvd files (like for example easymorph) or you can use Qlikview or Qlik Sense to load the data from the qvd file and then export the data to a text file (e.g. csv).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks , Its good help.

Any scripting also we can use to read data from QVD and load in to DB ?

Thanks in advance,