Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Multiple dependency QMC task Qlikview

I have two questions to ask:

1) I want to create a QMC task that is dependent on success of another task but it should reload only first day of every month. And task to which it depends upon is a daily triggered task. So , task should run on 1st day of every month after another task is successfully competed. How it is possible

2)  I want to see selections of all users on particular application accessed on access point. I can see bookmarks in QMC. but not selections. Hows it is possible

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Ok. the second link was wrong and don't analyzed audit logs. Within the attachment is now a very simple load-routine for the audit-logs with a few fields and a tablebox - I think the meaning of them will be quite self-descriptive. You need only to adjust the path to your log-files.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

1) You need to put the logic of the first day of a month inside your application by using something like this in the beginnung of your script:

if day(today()) > 1 then

exit script;

// or alternatively produce an intentional script-error

end if

2) You need to enable the audit-logging within the qmc and then read the logs. For this see:

Instructions on how to enable Audit Logging in the QMC

Audit Logging

- Marcus

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank You Marcus.

Can you Also tell me what impact stopping "qlikview management service" will make on my qmc or access point. This step is mentioned in process to enabling audit logging.

Also, can you give me an example how audit log will display field selections made by user on access point. I cannot find any where in community how this is captured.

marcus_sommer

The various qlikview server-services could be easily ended and restarted within the taskmanager within the tab services. Whereby I don't think that you need it to enable the audit-logging within the qmc by system/server/logging.

How those data then could be loaded within a qlikview application take a look within the second link from above.

- Marcus

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank You Marcus,

I have now find the logs for my qmc. But the application attached does not give clear picture how to load data from logs.

Can you provide some link or application that picks data from audit logs.

Thanks in advance

marcus_sommer

Ok. the second link was wrong and don't analyzed audit logs. Within the attachment is now a very simple load-routine for the audit-logs with a few fields and a tablebox - I think the meaning of them will be quite self-descriptive. You need only to adjust the path to your log-files.

- Marcus

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much marcus.