Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to create a QV for 1 company and increase to 100 ?

HI All

i like to know . If I have 100 All using SAP software .

Tlike to know it is possible I create for one company and use for all company ?

MY question is how to combine all company  into one ?

Meaning I have one QVW file for one company.

I Like to combine all 100 company QVW into one.

paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason I can't open the qvw in your zip.

But what I do is use the same spreadsheet I use to loop and create the QVD's, to loop load & concatenate the QVD's into a single table in the dashboard qvw.

You may need to add some extra columns into the spreadsheet to store things like QVD folder and name.  I also add a column for Active so it only processes that row if Active = 'Yes' - very useful when developing / testing.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create generic QVD generators to create a set of QVD's for each company, then concatenate the QVD's together in a combined dashboard.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't know of any way around the problem except storing as QVDs(As Bill Said). Iit shouldn't take very long to do the store. You can do it with a script loop like this:

BINARY Yourpath.qvw;

FOR i = 0 to NoOfTables()-1

LET vTableName = TableName($(i));

LET vOutfile = '$(vTableName).qvd';

STORE [$(vTableName)] INTO [$(vOutfile)] (qvd);

NEXT i

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Bill

For the generic QVD do you mean a template ? So I only need to use this generic change the SOURCE field name to COMPANY_A ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

Do you mean once I have 100 company sales table , you script will combine the 100 table into 1 right ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anonymous
Not applicable

For such scenarios I create a QVD generator which uses a spreadsheet with a row for each data source along with its connection string then loops around for each row to create the QVD for each company. 

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Bill

Meaning your QVD Generator will generate 100 QVD file , each company have 1 QVD. It is ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, But you should need to follow same structure to do this. No need to concatenate every time by using given script. It will stores single qvd and then future you can load This qvd into Qlikview and then once you choose country you will get 100 Countries of data at a time

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

I think what you and bill are talking on the same approach.

Instead of I need to have 100 script to generate 100 table.

Make use of excel file ( Bill mention ) with your script , I need only 1 script to load 100 company sales order table .

This will save a lot of time and easy to maintenance.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then, You should maintain seperate folder for that Sales data and then use simple to load 100 companies sales into Qlikview

Like below by using * for all. This should stored in same path and same sheet then only it will work or you should folow samething as we mentioned on the Top

LOAD Country,

Sales

FROM

[..\..\..\Users\user\Desktop\*.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);