Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

two dimension Vs Two Expressions

Hi,

I have two dimension's like actual year and estimated year as dimensions.Both counta,countb as their counts as expressions.But i was struggling to link accordingly since from three days.

By the way,I have used

=ValueList(actual_Year,Estimated_Year) as dimension and 

=if(valueList('actual_year','estimated_year')='actual_year',counta,countb) as one expression
=if(valueList('actual_year','estimated_year')='estimated_year',countb,counta) as another expression also.but it is not giving desired results.

Does any one know the solution for this?Please provide me the clue to do this?

Thanks& Regards,

Sushma K

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I think you missed ' thin dimension.

Try

=ValueList('actual_Year','Estimated_Year') as dimension

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for all your reply.

I am not aware of thin dimension .What it is?

By the way,there is no difference from Estimated /estimated (my typo mistake).

Regardless of it,please give me the clue to proceed?

Thanks & Regards,

Sushma

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think that he only meant that you should use single quotes around the string in the definition of the dimension using value list, like this:

=ValueList('actual_Year','estimated_Year')

You should also be careful with the strings, because your if-statement will be case sensitive.

Hope it helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

we have to be clear on requirement,which are three things as follows:

on x-axis: year ( from two date fields)

on y-axis:count(*) ( different for actual_year & estimated_year)

Category: actual_year with red & estimated _year with blue as a column at the right side of the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

I haven't typed any thing on that chart ,what ever the variables and function are there i used and pasted always for the dynamic variables.so,No mistakes as per the syntax.I verified and corrected that syntax errors immediately if any.

I have attached the actual requirement(but it is clubing the both results into one and taking it as it is for other bar also).In that picture,Selected year is a combination of actual_year & estimated_year.(union of both).

Thanks for all ur replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushma K

Not applicable
Author

hi all,

Thanks for posting the consulting services as an example ,after viewing it,i got clarification from all the respect.

Thanks a lot for spending your valueable suggestions.

Regards,

Sushma