Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Totals by Month from Island Tables

Hello Experts,

Need some advice/ suggestions on this please... Question inside the Doc attached.

stalwar1johnwSteveCat007vinieme12

Or

Anyone who has this type of requirement.

Appreciate your time and patience.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This isn't perfect and very slow, but this can work for you

=Sum(Aggr(If(Visit='PT' or Visit='OT' or Visit='SP', 1,0),Visit,[Charge Date], Encounter)) +

Sum({Source2<Location>}Aggr(If(Only({Source2<Location>}LiftMonth) = Only({Source2<Location>}ChargesMonth) and Only({Source2<Location>}Location) = Only({Source2<Location>}[VIM Location]), Count({Source2<Location>}[Referred from VAW location])), LiftMonth, ChargesMonth, Location, [VIM Location]))

Capture.PNG

Lumberton doesn't come through because of name mismatch. May be it can be handled using WildMatch or SubStringCount, but I guess you get the idea

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

This?

=Sum(aggr(if(Visit='PT' or Visit='OT' or Visit='SP', 1,0),Visit,[Charge Date], Encounter)) +

Sum(Aggr(If(LiftMonth = ChargesMonth and Location = [VIM Location], Count([Referred from VAW location])), LiftMonth, ChargesMonth, Location, [VIM Location]))

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks Sunny, will look into it and get back soon.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

So sorry sunny, completely forgot to mention, that the left table has one STATE and the Right table is in different state. I mean alternate states. This is the expression i was looking for, appreciate on that, but any help when alternate state is used to get the same totals in Source1 table. Thanks very much in advance. 

sunny_talwar

Alternate state? Can you update the sample with what you mean?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Yes will do that in a while. Thanks Sunny for the help.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Its only calculation for only one location. PFA.

sunny_talwar

This isn't perfect and very slow, but this can work for you

=Sum(Aggr(If(Visit='PT' or Visit='OT' or Visit='SP', 1,0),Visit,[Charge Date], Encounter)) +

Sum({Source2<Location>}Aggr(If(Only({Source2<Location>}LiftMonth) = Only({Source2<Location>}ChargesMonth) and Only({Source2<Location>}Location) = Only({Source2<Location>}[VIM Location]), Count({Source2<Location>}[Referred from VAW location])), LiftMonth, ChargesMonth, Location, [VIM Location]))

Capture.PNG

Lumberton doesn't come through because of name mismatch. May be it can be handled using WildMatch or SubStringCount, but I guess you get the idea

Best,

Sunny

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Why don;t you create a bridge table and associate the two tables

Linking to two or more dates

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks Very much Sunny, this did the trick. I will look for the processing time for this specific table and inform the user. Appreciate all your help.