Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator

Select date using selectValues api

Hi All,

I have a multiple html pages mashup but i having problem to preserve current selection between html pages.

Thus, i tried to using browser sessionstorage method to store current selection made in page A then retrieve the selection from sessionstorage in page B and using selectValues api to perform pre-select.

I able to selectValues() for interger and text but i having problem to use selectValues for selecting date.

Kindly advice how can select date using selectValues.

app.field('customer_name').selectValues(["Peter"], true, true) -> working

app.field('year').selectValues([2014], true, true) -> working

app.field('date').selectValues(['1/7/2013'], true, true) -> not working

Thanks.

12 Replies
boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi akl‌ would need your help on selectValues for date.

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You need to make sure you use the same format as in your app. And remember the display format can be different than the data format on the field level. So look into your datamodel what format your using, and use the same.

Otherwise use the date as a number when it passed. And make sure that the date field has no timestamp in it.

If you want to be sure then format your date like: date(floor(datefield),"d/m/yyyy") as date then your code should work.

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi boonhaw.tan,

seebach‌ is right, It looks like your field "date" has a numeric value, so you will probably have to pass an object with qIsNumeric: true and qNumber: _value_number_ (SelectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense)

But what I recommend you to use in that specific case is selectMatch instead (selectMatch method ‒ Qlik Sense), this method will automatically try to match the date.

Regarding keeping current selections between mashup pages, you can find a good thread here: Re: Keep current selection between mashup page

I hope this helps,

jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi boonhaw.tan,

Field API selectValues() method allows either string or numeric values in the array. However, for dates you must use the numeric value of the given date. Check how Qlik converts date values in the documentation here.

Then, the equivalent call of

app.field('date').selectMatch('01/07/2013');

would be

app.field('date').selectValues([41281]);

in 'MM/DD/YYYY' format. You can check the numeric value using the Num(Date(my_date)) Qlik's function.

All you gotta do now is re-create the same conversion from Qlik to your Mashup qlikDateStringToNum().

Hope that helps 🙂

Regards,

jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi boonhaw.tan‌, did this solve the issue?

dipankarm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Aiham_Azmeh ,

Is there a problem in using selectValues() for Alphanumeric values?

selectValues() seems to be working only for string values for me and not for Numerical ones.

Can you please provide some code snippet as in how the syntax would be for Alphanumeric/Numeric values?

Would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

amitghaste
Contributor II
Contributor II

selectValues will work as long as you convert numeric values to a number array

I haven't solved for date though.

$.each(selection.qSelectedFieldSelectionInfo, function(key,value){
	isNaN(value.qName) ? valArray.push(value.qName):valArray.push(Number(value.qName));
});
promiseArray.push(fld.selectValues( valArray, true, true ));

Prashant_Naik
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Amit,

I think this might help you,

you can try using following code

app.field('fieldname').selectMatch(match string);

app.field('fieldname').selectPossible();

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

amitghaste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Prashant, 

What does selectPossible after calling selectMatch accomplish?

Though if there are multiple values we have to recurse through the selections to perform selectMatch -> I am hoping to find a way around that.

Thanks,

Amit.